As the official representative body of business and tourism in the Kruger Lowveld (Ehlanzeni District), our main mandates are to promote the region as a tourism and investment destination, to provide a diverse suite of networking and marketing opportunities for our members, and to represent and speak on behalf of the business and tourism community of our area.
We do this by building and maintaining meaningful relationships with all spheres of government as well as like-minded organisations, and by acting as liaison between these entities and the business community.
Area of operation
The Kruger Lowveld covers the Ehlanzeni District of Mpumalanga, including the following local municipalities: City of Mbombela, Thaba Chweu, Nkomazi and Bushbuckridge, as well as the southern part of Kruger National Park and the surrounding private nature reserves.
Listing on website, Pay-to-Play participation in various marketing services and projects, weekly newsletter, invitations to all KLCBT events, advocacy and representations made by KLCBT on behalf of members, access to preferential arrangements negotiated by KLCBT with service providers, brochure display at Crossing Centre office, various sponsorship options, access to tender information.
We are actively involved in the following advocacy campaigns:
- Service delivery: Public participation in various forums where government engages with stakeholders regarding budgets, planning and legislation. Promote home-grown businesses through education processes, research, maintaining a database, lobbying for stricter regulations on large shopping chains, engaging large chains to buy local and to spend their CSI budgets locally.
- Local Economic Development: We are assisting with incubation in seven main corridors, mainly adding additional tourism products.
- Anti-corruption: Several successful initiatives reduced roadside corruption.
- Water: Bulk-water supply faces a future crisis and lobbying for the increase of storage capacity is beginning to show success.
- Roads and public attractions: Require upgrades and investment.
- Safety and security: A concern for all regions in SA.
Physical address: KLCBT House, Crossing Centre, Nelspruit
Postal address: Private Bag X 11326, Nelspruit 1200